COVID-19 Precautions during a home inspection. A home inspection is a vital part of a home purchase. M&J Home Inspection Services believes that home inspections can continue during the COVID-19 outbreak when prudent safety precautions are practiced, and when performing the inspection does not conflict with government orders and recommendations. Everyone involved with the home inspection is responsible for helping with safety. The following advice is based on current recommendations from the CDC, NIH, & WHO. People should be aware that the situation is changing constantly and should monitor the CDC for official updates and recommended behavior.
For Buyers and Real Estate Agents:
- If you wish to attend, do so only at the end of the inspection.
- Do not bring children, relatives, contractors, and others to the inspection. Reschedule the inspection if you feel sick, or if you exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Use hand sanitizer or rubber gloves.
- Touch as few things in the home as possible.
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home feels sick, or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Do not attend the inspection. Make arrangements for children, relatives, and others to be out of the home during the inspection.
- Wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, toilet handles, and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection.
Give the professionals at M&J Home Inspection Services a call to schedule your next inspection.